This course provides the necessary acquisition of knowledge and understanding, through the delivery of a structured learning program (SLP). Individuals will gain the necessary skills to competently plan, prepare and deliver BA exercises and presentations in all aspects of Breathing Apparatus equipment and procedures.
Due to the physical nature of the course, candidates are required to verify they have been medically assessed, and deemed fit and able to undertake course activities prior to attendance. Candidates attending this course must be currently certified as competent in the role of a Breathing Apparatus Wearer. To gain access airside, all students must be in possession of either a valid passport or photo type driving licence.
At the end of the course all students will be able to:
• Instruct to the minimum standards laid down in the UK Home Office Breathing Apparatus Technical Bulletin 1/1997
• Plan, prepare and deliver BA exercises
• Observe and provide feedback on BA exercises
• Understand the physical constraints of Breathing Apparatus and monitor performance of committed BA teams
• Deliver a technical presentation
• Instruct personnel to don and doff BA in accordance with the manufacturers’ instructions
• Instruct personnel to fully understand the safety procedures when operating SCBA
Please refer to the enclosed course schedule for dates. Alternative course dates can be arranged to suit if the minimum student intake is met.
To ensure an enjoyable and rewarding learning experience, we recommend the minimum
Student intake on this course will be 6 and maximum 12. This will ensure that ATP staff meets
the students individual learning requirements and achieve course objectives.