AIS can also deliver the accredited Basic Electrical Safety Competence Scheme and can also tailor this course towards more specific workplace environments i.e. working in proximity to Low (LV) or High (HV) Voltage electrical systems.
Covered within this Electrical Safety Awareness Course are the following topics:
- What is electricity?
- How electricity is used and controlled
- How electrical incidents occur and electric shock levels
- Basic first aid principles (relating to electrical causes).
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Employee responsibilities.
- Legislation inc: The Health & Safety at Work Act 1974; Electricity at Work Regulations 1989; Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999; Provision of the Use of Workplace Equipment Regulations 1998
- Offshore Division Strategy for electrical/control & Instrumentation Safety
- Responsibilities, authorizations and permit requirements
- Low and High Volt Installations
- Prevention of electrical incidents and safe isolation