Our Safe System of Work syllabus covers PPE equipment selection and inspection, use of tools, risk assessment, emergency procedures and method statements. Industry standard equipment is used to demonstrate and evacuation and rescue at height.
- Introduction to personal fall protection
- Safety Procedures and Guidance for accessing and working within wind turbine generators
- Competently selecting, inspecting , caring for and maintaining personal equipment
- Work restraint, positioning
- The safe use of fall arrest systems
- Principles of continuous attachment
- Safe anchorage within a wind turbine generator
- Suspension syncope
- Correct action during various types of emergency situations
- Safe use and inspection of PPE prior to use
- Fitting and adjusting of a full body type harness to EN361 standard
- Safe and correct use of EN355 Twin Tail Fall Arrest lanyards
- Practice of continuous attachment incorporating the use of Work Positioning device (EN358)
- Climbing with experience using AVANTI, Latchways and vertical safety systems
- Assisted lowering and rescue of a person or “casualty” using a Constant Rate Descender
- Performance of an evacuation from a simulated nacelle by suitable method including CRD
- Competent rescue of casualty after a fall using a CRD
- Ensuring safety of self and others
Participant Requirements & Medical Contradictions:
Individual should be comfortable with exposure to height and be prepared to complete a self-certified statement of reasonable medical fitness prior to attendance on the course.
Multiple choice written test, instructor assessment of practical skills during practical assessments
Validity: 2 years
This course is delivered by our onsite partners AIS TRAINING.